What to Do
If You Are Injured
What To Do If You Are Injured In A Motorcycle Accident
Many motorcycle accident victims suffer injuries that prevent them from remaining at the accident scene. And if you can stay to handle the aftermath, everything you do or say can make a difference to the safety of all involved parties — and it can affect your ability to pursue compensation from anyone responsible for the accident.
I want all individuals involved in accidents to achieve the best possible results. The following tips can help you protect your safety and your legal rights after a motorcycle accident. If you have questions call me, Kevin W. Shepherd, at 865-999-0366.
Injuries Come First
Although the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration estimates that the use of helmets saved over 1,800 lives in 2008, even helmets cannot help motorcyclists entirely avoid severe, potentially disabling injuries. You can preserve your rights by remaining at the scene of an accident. However, leaving the scene for immediate medical attention can be more important. Be sure to check for injuries to others, and call 911 for help.
If You Can Remain At The Accident Scene
If you know you can wait to see a doctor, staying at the accident scene provides the opportunity to gather evidence and information you can use for an insurance claim or legal case. Keep in mind that your case is likely to receive challenges due to bias against motorcyclists. Capturing five different angles of the roadway or the damaged vehicles can reveal details an investigator may not see from a single photo. Err on the side of gathering too much information and evidence.
For More Information About Motorcycle Accidents
Refer to the following pages to learn more about the special considerations pertaining to motorcycle accidents:
- My Motorcycle Accidents page explains the legal issues that pertain to these potentially devastating accidents and how I help clients navigate the complexities of motorcycle accident claims.
- My Motorcycle Accident Frequently Asked Questions page provides answers to the questions I often get about these types of accidents.
Also, remember that it costs nothing to schedule a free consultation so I can evaluate your legal options before you take any legal action on your own.
Schedule A Free Consultation With Me To Protect Your Rights
The steps you take after a motorcycle accident can make a critical difference to your health and your legal case. Before you file an insurance claim or take any other steps to recover your losses, call Shepherd & Long, PC at 865-999-0366 or fill out the contact form on this website.
I handle motorcycle accident claims on a contingency fee basis. You pay no attorney fees until I successfully obtain compensation for you.
How We Can Assist You
When it comes to getting a legal expert to deal with your motorcycle accident case, it is only natural to want someone with proven experience and a solid reputation. This is where we can help. With years of expertise in dealing with cases like yours, Shepherd & Long, PC can offer you peace of mind and reassurance throughout the process.
Our experts can assist you in many ways, allowing you to rest easy knowing that you have the best legal support by your side. Some of the ways we can help with your case include:
- Providing experience and expertise: You need a team that has a vast background to help with your motorcycle accidents case, not someone who has little experience in the field. Experience can help boost your chances of getting the maximum damages following the crash. It can also help increase your chances of overall success in your case.
- Excellent service: When you hire an attorney to deal with your motorcycle accidents case, you want someone that offers excellent service and high levels of communication. We tick the boxes on both of those requirements. We will work closely with you to ensure you get the desired outcome and keep you informed at all times about what is happening with your case as we progress. You will never be left wondering where your case stands.
- An excellent reputation: A proven track record and a solid reputation are both desirable qualities when it comes to finding a suitable motorcycle accidents lawyer. Our professionals have become prominent in Knoxville, TN for going above and beyond for everyone that we work with. It is best to work with a team that is well-liked and can prove their expertise.
You can look forward to the support and assistance of highly-qualified and trained legal experts who will take the stress out of filing a claim for damages.
Have You Been Involved In An Accident?
If you have been involved in an accident involving a motorcycle, you need to remember that you could be entitled to damages. To determine whether this is the case, you need to get in touch with experienced legal experts for advice and guidance. Our professionals can provide you with the assistance you need so you can move forward with your case.
To provide details of your situation and arrange a consultation, all you need to do is call us today. Our friendly team will be happy to assist and provide any information you need about the claims process.
Shepherd & Long, PC
Shepherd & Long, PC is located in Maryville, TN and serves clients in and around Rockford, Walland, Alcoa, Louisville and Blount County.
Attorney Advertising. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.